Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Review: One Night of Sin by Elle Kennedy

ONE NIGHT OF SIN
by Elle Kennedy
Series: After Hours #1
Genres: Contemporary, Erotica
Publisher: Entangled Brazen
Publication Date: August 4th 2014
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★
Amazon - Barnes & Noble

Sometimes it’s good to be bad…

When it comes to sex, good girl Skyler Thompson always plays it safe, choosing stable and sedate over wild and thrilling. She doesn’t do one-night-stands, but one look at sinfully sexy Gage Holt and she’s willing to reconsider. He makes her want to be bad for once in her life, and she’s prepared to take what she wants.

Danger follows former MMA fighter Gage Holt like a shadow. Despite his successes as part owner of Sin, an exclusive nightclub in Boston, Gage can’t risk getting involved with a woman, especially one as sweet as Skyler. Still, he can’t resist a taste—and it’s so damn good he has to see her again.

As addicted as he is to her, Gage knows there’s no future for him and Skyler—not with his past lurking in the dark corners of an MMA cage. But Skylar’s tougher than she looks, and she’s ready to fight for her man.


I'm a major Elle Kennedy fangirl because she writes the hottest books on the block that always manage to leave me happy as a clam. I don't know why it took me THIS long to pick up her series by Brazen, but wowzah! I.was.missing.out. One Night of Sin might have been a brief book at 150 or so pages, but this book was on fire and I devoured every second of it.

Sometimes, I struggle hard with Brazen books because the length is too short for me to feel any kind of connection with the characters. With One Night of Sin, Elle Kennedy ensures that her main characters are fleshed-out, which made them easy to connect with. I especially liked Skyler, who was a sweet girl from the start. She was hardworking and dedicated to her future career as a psychologist. I'm all for heroines in romance novels who have aspirations besides wanting to bang the hero. Dedicated as she was, when it came to sexual relationships, Skyler wasn't exactly a go-getter. She reveled in the safety of her comfort zone. When she meets Gage though, things unwittingly change. He slowly brought out her desires to the surface and made her comfortable and confident enough to chase after what she wanted. I loved the strength and boldness she exhibited by the end of One Night of Sin.

Now, Gage Holt ... *fans self*

First off, I love the name Gage! Seriously, I don't know what it is about that name that has me swooning. This guy was a tough ex-MMA fighter who was now running a club with his friends. He was a bad boy to the core, with his good looks and prickly exterior. I'm not usually one for bad boy heroes, but this is Elle Kennedy we're talking about and she can make me fall for any guy she writes! Despite the rough and rugged facade he put up for everyone, Gage was actually quite the loyal hero, especially when it came to helping his brother out from a really shitty situation. He may not have shown it to everyone, but he was inherently a good guy who cared deeply about his loved ones. I dare you not to fall for this guy.

The chemistry between Skyler and Gage was explosive! From the very start, the tension between them was hot and heavy. They aren't each other's type, because of their contrasting personalities, but when they did come together, woah! Elle Kennedy's books are always hot as sin, and here with the dirty-talking Gage and the passionate and adventurous Skyler, things were no different. I also loved the scenes of them slowly emotionally opening up to each other and falling in love. It's always a concern of mine that I'll be bombarded with instant love with short books like One Night of Sin, but here the progression of the romance was well-written and I couldn't get enough. I love this couple so much, I honestly wouldn't have mind a couple of 100 more pages of them together.

If you're an Elle Kennedy fan, One Night of Sin is a must-read! And if you aren't a fan just yet, this is still a book that you should read because it's a fun, romantic and sinfully sexy introduction to the writing of one of my favorite authors of all time. You're not going to regret reading this book!

What is your favorite Elle Kennedy book? How do you feel about bad boys in books?
Let me know in the comments below!