Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

March TBR: Wrap-Up + Anticipated Reads

Starting this month, we're bringing you a new feature where we briefly talk about the books we liked the previous month and the books we look forward to reading in the new month. We tend to read a lot of romance books so this will give us a chance to highlight and talk about more books rather than us attempting to write full reviews for every book we read. 


Lisa:

February had been eventful and hence a slow reading month for me; I moved back home from Spain and had been busy trying to catch up with the two weeks of uni that I missed. Re-adapting to life and my old routine has taken a huge chunk of my time and energy, so I didn't get to read many new books and instead spent the little time I could spare taking comfort in old favourites. 

However, I want to shine the spotlight on Devil in Spring (Ravenels #2) by Lisa Kleypas that came out on Feb 21st. It was one of my and Eri's anticipated romances this year so naturally we devoured it as soon as it was published, and I'm glad that it lived up to our expectations! A review is due.

As for this month, I decided to finally start on the many #romanceclass books that I hoarded on my Kindle app. Our friend Sue has been very persuasive in recommending these titles, and it's time for me to get on them. I'm not so much for a strict TBR list; I usually just read whatever tickles my fancy, but for March I'm adamant about finishing at least two books from this list:

What You Wanted by Mina V. Esguerra

Learning to Fall by Mina V. Esguerra


Prep and Prejudice by Miren B. Flores


Eri:

February was a terrible reading month for me, checking Goodreads now, I think I read a few books which is a little tragic although because I'm taking a handful of English Lit courses I've been doing plenty of required reading.

Likewise, I read and adored Devil in Spring. It's not really surprising since Lisa Kleypas tends to write books that I thoroughly love; I almost cried when she made her historical romance comeback and I'm eagerly awaiting all of her books. We'll post a review whenever we actually get around to it, but we're excited to talk about this book! I also really loved Never Better by Charlotte Stein, who writes really intense and emotional erotica. I don't read much erotica, but she has a way of crafting strange but compelling characters who just work so well together and I highly recommend her books.

I don't want to set myself too much of a strict TBR since I tend to impulse read books a lot and making lists aren't nearly as effective as I want them to be. I'll list a few of the ones I do want to get to for sure though since I have certain ARCs I really need to get to and books I really need to finish reading now that I've started them.

An Extraordinary Union by Alyssa Cole

The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (not quite romance but YA)

Learning to Fall by Mina V. Esguerra


Are there any books (romance or not) that you're looking forward to this month? 



2 comments

  1. Sorry February wasn't a great reading month for you guys, at least you managed to get in a couple of decent reads, though. I'd take one really good book over a month of meh reads any day.

    Lisa, I totally get hoarding romance reads on your Kindle I've done the same and I'm pretty daunted about trying to read them all. I do like the sound of Learning to Fall, though, I may have to add to my buying problems. I think reading 2 on your list is definitely doable so good luck!

    Ari, I'm intrigued by CHarlotte Stein's books now. I'm not normally one for erotica but I feel like maybe I should investigate if the characters are compelling. And I'll be interested to see what you think of the ALyssa Cole book. I've been hearing her name a lot and have been wanting to read some books by her but I've not really seen many reviews (not that I've been looking).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky you definitely should try Charlotte Stein, though her writing style is really stark and pretty filthy. And same I've heard some buzz about Alyssa but I haven't ever picked up any of her stuff so I'm curious!

      Delete

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)