Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

April TBR: Wrap Up + Reflection



Hello friends, it's time for us to share the latest in what we've read and our thoughts on how our reading went last month. This time, we've opted not to make a list of books to read for the coming month, since we both miserably failed last time. I don't know if you can relate, but sometimes you just have a burning desire to read anything other than the book you're supposed to be reading.


Lisa:

Oh my god I'm in the worst reading slump ever, I feel. I spent March rereading old faves, and if it isn't for Goodreads' new reread setting I would've been having a hard time trying to meet my 2017 reading goal. Aside from Lisa Kleypas' Wallflowers series (one of my all time favourite regency romance series!), I also reread Cara McKenna's After Hours and Willing Victim. Cara McKenna writes awesome alpha males who aren't scared to show their emotions and it feels so great revisiting her work. Aside from that, I also read and reviewed the ARC for Kate Meader's In Skates Trouble that is a part of an anthology called Hot On Ice. In Skates Trouble is the prequel to Kate's new series, Chicago Rebels, and I'm so excited for the first book, Irresistible You to come out this August.

As for my plan to read romance class books, I'm afraid I failed miserably in that corner. However, I did read Plain Vanilla by Ines Bautista-Yao and I adored it so much. It's a short and sweet YA novella about a girl who's been perceived as plain her whole life, and when she finds a book of dares, she decides to be fun and spontaneous and attempt each one, but for some reason her crush keeps showing up to her every try and does them with her. I'm also currently reading Beginner's Guide: Love and Other Chemicals by Six de Los Reyes, and I'm loving it already because the heroine is 26 year old postgrad student who's never been in a relationship (sounds a tad bit familiar, hmm). 

Last but not least, Laura Florand's Trust Me is coming out this month! Laura Florand is one of my and Eri's favourite romance authors, and I'm really excited for everyone to read her latest release.


Eri:

I've been in an odd reading mood the last month, but I'm slowly regaining my mojo for YA at least, which makes me rather happy. I spent some time reading cookbooks, of all things, in efforts to feel inspired enough to read, and I think it did the trick. I caught up with a number of ARCs I had, which is great and all, but I haven't written many reviews, a fact that makes me quite sad hahah.

Trust Me is the latest Laura Florand book out later this month, and of course, like all of her books, I adored it to pieces. You'll probably get sooner than later that Lisa and I are massive fans of her and we'll post our dual review sometime soon. I also read The Opposite of You which was the cutest romance between a food truck owner and a chef, with positively delicious banter. You can read my review for A Star to Steer Her By on the blog, and that was a nice read as well. Lastly, there's Forbidden Promises, the latest in the O'Malley series, which was a great sexy book.

For YA, I read Why I Loathe Sterling Lane, a book I inhaled because the rivalry and competitive spirit between the main character Harper and Sterling were so much fun and I loved the way it breathed life into the cliche premise. I breezed through the Starbound trilogy, a YA sci-fi romance series that was so well-done and enjoyable I can really understand the hype it gets and deserves.


How has everyone's March reading been? Do you have any must reads or favorites? We'd love to know, since we're always looking for new material!


No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)