Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Review: The Bastard's Bargain by Katee Robert

by Katee Robert
Series: The O'Malleys #6
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: February 6th 2018
Source: ARC received for review
Rating: ★★★
When Keira O’Malley was a child, she used to picture her perfect wedding. The flowers. The dress. Her husband. But nothing could have prepared her for saying “I do” to Dmitri Romanov—cold, domineering and always one step ahead of everyone else in the ever-shifting power plays of New York City. She agreed to his bargain to secure peace for her family, and she may want the bastard more than she’d ever admit, but she’ll be damned if she’ll make this marriage easy for him.

Dmitri knows better than to underestimate Keira for one second. Molten desire smolders between them, a dangerous addiction neither can resist. But his enemies are already on the move, and he needs every ounce of his legendary focus and control to keep them alive. Keira could just be his secret weapon—if she doesn’t bring him to his knees first.




Listen, I finished this book the first time a month ago and wasn't able to write a coherent enough review for it, so I thought I'd reread before release date in hopes that I could properly express my feelings...but nah. I love this book, guys, and you know when Lisa loves a book, she'll go all gushy about it.

I had qualms about this pair--sure, they wanted to boink each other senseless but would they work beyond the lust? Once I got into the story, all my doubts disappeared because Dmitri and Keira were so good together. I love how they were together and how they changed because of each other. 

Keira was a hot mess after her closest sibling died. Being the youngest O'Malley, she often got sidelined and overlooked by her older siblings. She has felt powerless for a long time, she was losing control over her own life by choosing alcohol and drugs over reality again and again. It's truly ironic that she found power and control after marrying Dmitri. After Dmitri forced her into sobriety (what a ruthless little shit), we got to see more of her strength and feisty ways.

Anyway, remember when I used to hate Dmitri Romanov? Yeah, how the turn tables... I mean, I already sort of knew I was going to love Dmitri after book #4, but I didn't imagine I would love him this much. He made no apologies for who he was, though we could see in the story that he had a couple of regrets about the past, especially since what he did affected his relationship with Keira. We could see a gentle side of him whenever he was with his niece, but being with Keira made him a little more human, I feel? I love how Keira kept calling him gentleman-murderer because that's exactly what he was, and I don't know what it says about me because I love him just the way he is.

I love the way Dmitri and Keira were together. Dmitri, of all people, truly saw Keira and saw what she truly could be: a motherfucking queen. I enjoyed watching Keira challenging Dmitri at every turn, making him crazy, keeping him on his toes, because he truly deserved that after putting the O'Malleys through the ringer with his plans, LOL. In turn, I adore the way Dmitri was with Keira. Who would have thought he had it in him to be gentle and kind? We also got to see Dmitri and Keira being all domestic with each other one minute, and a power couple the next.

Overall, I'm a little sad that this series is over, but I'm happy that it ended on a high. I think Aiden and Dmitri tied as my favourite Katee Robert heroes now (so sorry, James! I still love you, though). Time to reread from the start!




GIVEAWAY

Enter to win a grand prize of a $50 Amazon gift card and Dmitri Romanov scented candle!


No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)