Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

When Hate Turns To Love: I Hate You, I Love You by Elizabeth Hayley

by Elizabeth Hayley
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Loveswept
Publication Date: September 4th 2018
Source: ARC received for review
Rating: ★★★1/2

When bickering professors Naomi Price and Sebastian Blake have to compete for the same job, sparks fly--and not the sexy kind.

But when they take on some co-sponsored events that force them together and realize along the way that they both bear wounds from the past, a bond emerges that will be deeper than either of them imagined possible.

There's just one problem: how can you love someone you hate?

Who doesn't love a good hate-to-love romance? I could hardly resist a romance novel with a title such as "I Hate You, I Love You"! I'm so glad I gave this one a shot because it was so entertaining.

First of all, I loved how both these characters were college professors. I don't think I've ever read a romance novel between two professors, but it was great and now I want more. Sebastian and Naomi work for the English department at their university. Sebastian specializes in creative fiction while Naomi's interests lay more in poetry. I admired both of their dedication to their teaching and fields - you could tell that in their own different ways, they both were passionate and devoted to their students having valuable experiences in the classroom. The two of them could not have been more different. Naomi was more outgoing and bubbly. Sebastian, on the other hand, was an introverted grump who only seemed to communicate with Naomi.

The "hate" part of this relationship was written so well. The back-and-forth quips and the bickering that was laced with chemistry had me laughing. Plus, it made me impatient for them to finally get together! It was amusing watching them compete for the Distinguished Professor Award and being forced to work as a team on some projects for the school. Of course, they slowly began to learn more about each other and their close proximities force the attraction to come to the surface. I will say that the book lost me a little bit when Naomi and Sebastian got together. Don't get me wrong, their chemistry was still there, but I found I enjoyed the "hating" phase of their relationship a bit better. This was definitely one of those books that had a stronger first half - I found that the drama and conflict in the second half took away a little from my enjoyment.

Regardless of my minor issues though, I Hate You, I Love You was a good enemies-to-lovers romance between two characters who could not be more different from each other. Give this one a go!

What are some of your favorite hate-to-love romances?
Let me know in the comments below!



No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)