Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Week In Review #2




Hello friends! 

I hope you're all doing well. I had a decent reading week, though I did wish I had read more books that I loved. I've been reading more and more romance lately over YA books and I've been scourging Goodreads to find new titles to add to my TBR. I think it's safe to say that I'm all set with books for the next 700 years! Let's get to my review.

Stripped (Travesty, #2) Hell Breaks Loose (Devil's Rock, #2) To Have and to Hold (The Wedding Belles, #1)

- I requested Stripped last week after seeing it on NetGalley. I'm always a sucker for a big city romance with buttoned up rich guys, so I had high hopes with this one, especially all the raving reviews on Goodreads. It wound up disappointing me though. I liked the characters, but I couldn't sense that chemistry between the characters at all, so the romance was a bit of a fail for me. There were some cute moments, but even those couldn't save it for me. I don't think this author's writing is for me.

- I really like Sophie Jordan's writing, and I liked the first book in this series, All Chained Up, so I was very eager to pick up Hell Breaks Loose. I admit I was wary because it seemed very much like a Stockholm Syndrome kind of situation. While I liked the chemistry between the main characters a lot and thought the emotional scenes were done well, I wanted just a bit more. I was also hoping it would be sexier.

To Have and To Hold was a terrific book. It was quintessentially Lauren Layne with the NYC setting and the adorable romance. The chemistry was written perfectly and this was definitely a couple I loved. I also liked the friendship between the Wedding Belle girls and I can't wait to read the other girls' stories.

FAVORITE READ OF THE WEEK: To Have and To Hold

Body Shot (Last Shot, #1) If I Only Had a Duke (The Disgraceful Dukes, #2) Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1) The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1) Reliquary (Reliquary, #1) 

I'm excited for all of these books! I requested Body Shot because the heroine is a scientist. We don't see enough of scientists in adult romances, so I was thrilled to find Body Shot. I really liked Lenora Bell's How a Duke Was Won, so I immediately went ahead and requested the second book. Having read and LOVED my first solo Sarina Bowen book, I was excited to pick up Rookie Move. It's also one of my most anticipated romance books of the year. I love Samantha Young and I can't wait for her new series! And Sarah Fine is an absolute favorite author of mine and I can't wait to pick up Reliquary.




What's the best book you read this week?
Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to leave links to your recaps!