Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Review: Broken Prince by Erin Watt

BROKEN PRINCE
by Erin Watt
Series: The Royals #2
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Young Adult
Publisher: Self-Published
Publication Date: July 25th 2016
Source: ARC from authors for review
Rating: ★★★
Amazon - Barnes & Noble
These Royals will ruin you…

From wharf fights and school brawls to crumbling lives inside glittery mansions, one guy tries to save himself.

Reed Royal has it all—looks, status, money. The girls at his elite prep school line up to date him, the guys want to be him, but Reed never gave a damn about anyone but his family until Ella Harper walked into his life.

What started off as burning resentment and the need to make his father’s new ward suffer turned into something else entirely—keep Ella close. Keep Ella safe. But when one foolish mistake drives her out of Reed’s arms and brings chaos to the Royal household, Reed’s entire world begins to fall apart around him.

Ella doesn’t want him anymore. She says they’ll only destroy each other.

She might be right.

Secrets. Betrayal. Enemies. It’s like nothing Reed has ever dealt with before, and if he’s going to win back his princess, he’ll need to prove himself Royally worthy.
Dear Erin Watt? What have I ever done to you that you must torture me with these EVIL cliffhangers that make me want to scream and rip off my own hair?!? Holy crap, you guys! I thought Paper Princess was entertaining, but Broken Prince? That was a whole new level of entertaining! Watching all the drama unfold in this series is like watching a train wreck, you just can't look away and you just can't get enough. You all know how anti-drama I am when it comes to my books, but I don't know what it is about these books, but I'm ALL over the drama in them. AND I NEED MORE.

Paper Princess' ending was brutal and I was eagerly anticipating this one to see how Ella would deal with the aftermath with that shocker at the end. This girl is fierce and I thought I couldn't love her more, but she continued to impress me with her resilience and her strength throughout Broken Prince. I love what a no-nonsense kind of heroine she is. She deals with bullshit with her head held high and like an actual pro. It almost feels like nothing can get to her because she's so tough as nails. I love her and I want her to be my BFF so she can protect me from the assholes of the world. I was really excited that we were privy to Reed's point of view in Broken Prince. He seemed so impenetrable in the first book and really hard to gauge as a character, but being inside his head was fantastic. I loved that we got to see his more vulnerable side and gahh! I may have melted a little when he finally emotionally opened up to readers.

After what happened at the end of Paper Princess, the relationship between Ella and Reed is a little fractured, but Reed is so so willing to work to make amends to their romance. Is there anything swoonier than a regretful and groveling hero? I don't think so. I loved that Ella made him work for forgiveness and it ultimately made him appreciate her much more as an individual. By the end, these two were very OTP-worthy and oh gosh, every scene between them is laced with so much tension and chemistry. These two authors are absolute pros at writing chemistry between their leads!

I was also so happy to be reunited with the other Royals, particularly Easton, who is my baby and who needs to protected at all costs. I'm still not sure what to make of the twins, but I definitely want to know more about them. And of course, I adored Ella's best friend. I love the support they have for each other. And omg the villainous bitches in this book are the absolute worst. I loved hating them and I wanted nothing more than to push them off a cliff. The story in Broken Prince was even better than Paper Princess, in my opinion. I had a really hard time looking away from the book and every plot twist that made me gasp out loud made reading this book 1000x more enjoyable. There's drama, scandals, and lots of lots of gossip. Basically, it's pure fun.

Broken Prince was a fantastic and addicting sequel to Paper Princess. I seriously cannot wait to see what happens next. The cliffhangers in this one nearly destroyed me, but it's also gotten me really really excited for the finale. I kinda wish Erin Watt would have mercy on me and just release Twisted Palace already!

Have you read Paper Princess yet?
Let me know in the comments below!