Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Week in Review #5




Hi friends

I hope everyone is doing okay. Before I get to my review, I just wanted to say, in the midst of all this senseless violence, death and hatred, please take care of yourself and your loved ones. Too much is going on  in this world and I know it looks bleak but we have to believe that love will eventually win and fight for it.

I had a reading list all planned for this week, but I wasn't in the mood for any of the titles I picked up, so I ended up just reading whatever I felt like at the time. I also took a visit to the library next door and stocked up on some historical romance novels. Here is my recap: 

 Act Like It For Better or Worse (The Wedding Belles, #2) Burn Down the Night (Everything I Left Unsaid, #3) Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)

- I picked up Act Like It earlier this week and I thought it was a charming love story. It's a hate to love romance that was done slowly and beautifully. I loved the theater backdrop too. However, I did feel like there were some scenes that were lagging and that led to me skimming. Still though, this is a cute romance that I will definitely recommend to readers. 

- It appears that Lauren Layne will never disappoint me. Her books just leave me rushing with joy and For Better or Worse was no different. I think this is my favorite book of hers ever. I loved the coupling of Heather and Josh. The banter between them was so much fun to read. Everything about this book was just perfect for me.

- Burn Down The Night has to be one of the many books that I was really excited to read this year. While I liked the chemistry, overall, I wasn't the biggest fan of this book. I struggled to connect with the characters quite a bit and there were some kinky scenes that I was taken aback by. There are some things that I prefer to be warned about when it comes to sexy times, and this had one of those scenes. 

- I also found myself re-reading scenes from Marrying Winterborne for the millionth time now and oh how I adore this book. Rhys and Helen seriously just melt me. :)


FAVORITE READ OF THE WEEK: For Better or Worse

Destined for a King (The Bastard Brotherhood, #1) A Fine Mess (Over the Top #2) The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) A Sword for His Lady (Courtly Love, #1) 

Very excited for Destined for a King, which my friend Alyssa at The Eater of Books loved. A Fine Mess is one of my most anticipated romance reads of the year. I hope it doesn't disappoint. At the library, I was able to find The Viscount Who Loved Me and A Sword for His Lady. My friend, Jess, has been reading Julia Quinn and she made me want to pick another book by her.

Special thanks to Loveswept and Forever for the review copies.


How were your weeks?
Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to leave links to your recaps!