Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

The DNF Diaries

Hi friends!

How is everyone doing? I've been feeling a bit slumpy lately for some reason. After I read the amazing book that was Luck of the Draw by Kate Clayborn, I've been unable to 100% get into a romance book. I did start reading On the Line last night and it's working for me so far. But seriously, add Luck of the Draw to your TBRs. It gave me ALLL the swoons!

Luck of the Draw (Chance of a Lifetime #2)

Anyways, today's post is about Luck of the Draw. I've had a couple of DNFs in the past few weeks, so I thought I'd share them here and list why I didn't care for them.


Blood Type (Blood Type, #1)

I was excited to give this one a shot because vampires! But then I read it and I couldn't click with the main character's voice or the book as a whole. I also thought the arrangement was a bit toxic, so I doubt I would have been able to enjoy the rest of the story. Oh and I found out this was a trilogy too and this one ends on a cliffhanger. So maybe it was a good thing this ended up being a DNF for me!

Forget You (The Kingman Brothers, #1)

I literally read this one last week and already I remember nothing about it. I don't know what it was about it, but I just couldn't get into the book. I thought the hero was an absolute womanizing ass, and the heroine annoyed me too. I had high hopes, but alas! Cute cover though!

Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)

OK in this book's defense, I read it when I was feeling very meh overall. I was excited to read it, but little things about it kept really bugging me, so for now, I'm setting aside. BUT. I've never hated a Sarah MacLean, so I will most definitely be going back to it closer to the release date. It's not possible for me to hate a MacLean book. At least, I hope so!

Reading next! Maybe?

 Don't Call Me Cupcake (The Holloway Girls, #1) Forbidden (Old West, #1) My Oxford Year

Have you read had any DNFs this year?
Let me know in the comments below!