Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

5 Reasons To Read On the Line by Liz Lincoln


Hi friends!

I recently finished reading On the Line by Liz Lincoln, which was one of my most anticipated romance reads of 2018. I had a lot of fun reading it so I thought I'd try to convince you to give this one a shot. Here are 5 reasons you should give On the Line a try!



1. The Heroine Is Nerdy & Compassionate

Carrie was a fantastic heroine! I think it's safe to say that a lot of readers would enjoy her voice. She's really sweet and compassionate. She sees the best in people and is always willing to help people out. Life hasn't been too easy on her lately, but she's making the best of it. Carrie is also a HUGE comic book nerd and is a fan of all things geeky. We also get to see her cosplaying and it was a whole lot of fun!

2. There's A Single Dad Hero

Yeah ok, you got me. This is exactly why I wanted to pick On the Line. You guys know I'm a big fan of romance novels with single dads, and we get that with this book and Seth. Seth was a great guy too. He is trying his absolute best to deal with his teen daughter. I really adored his bond with Maddie because even when he didn't understand her teenage brain and antics, her safety and happiness were at the center of everything for him. This was a sexy dad who was ready to do anything for his daughter! *swoons*

3. It Shows The Reality of Life of Football Player

I feel like a lot of romance books tend to glamorize the lives of football players. Of course, that sort of lifestyle comes with its perks, but there are downs too. I liked that On the Line showed that here. Seth has to travel a lot and it puts a lot of strain on himself. We get to see some bromance too here with teammates which I'm always a sucker for. All in all, it had a great depiction of sports, different from what I've seen before.

4. The Chemistry Is A+

The romance between Seth and Carrie, while has touches of insta-love/insta-lust to it, was really hot. I thought the chemistry between them was really palpable. The forbidden nature of the relationship also made me enjoy the romance even more. The steamy scenes in On the Line were fan-yourself hot!

5. The Bond Between Carrie & Maddie Is Sweet

Usually, with romance books that have a single parent, the kids don't like the new woman in the dad's life, which can be kind of annoying for the reader. Here, Carrie and Maddie bond over their love of comic books and cosplay. It was lovely to watch the two become close to each other and find friendship and love. Maddie could be an angsty teen at times, but she was a good kid. :)

There you have it! 5 Reasons to pick up On the Line. I'll most certainly be picking up the next book and more from by Liz Lincoln!

Are you a fan of sports romances? Who are some of your favorite geeky heroines?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)