Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

A Book With A Hilarious Hilarious Opening: I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting

I FLIPPING LOVE YOU
by Helena Hunting
Series: Shacking Up #3
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: St Martin's Press
Publication Date: May 29th 2018
Source: ARC received for review
Rating: ★★

I've had such mixed luck with the Shacking Up series and Helena Hunting's books. I enjoyed the first book in the series but thought the second was a bit of a mess. I was curious about this one because it has a real-estate agent heroine. It's always fun to read about career-driven women. Plus, the Hamptons setting was hard to resist. I Flipping Love You fell somewhere in between the first book and the second for me.

Honestly, the opening scene of this book which involves an angry businessman, a case of mistaken identity and a scratched expensive car was a hoot. It was hilarious and really sucked me into the book. That was probably one of the best parts of the book. Rian and her fraternal twin are real-estate agents with dreams of someday flipping houses. Rian was a decent character. She's driven, has a tough shell around her heart and is very smart. I will say that she was prone to dramatics a couple of times throughout the book, but for the most part, I didn't have any issues with her character. She and her sister had some trust issues because of her family's history and understandably so. Pierce was equally enjoyable as a hero. A Manhattan lawyer, he comes to the Hamptons to help his brother flip houses. Pierce comes from money but is a little unhappy with his career and is trying ways to be happy. He was such a chill and charming guy and I liked the parts we saw of his character in I Flipping Love You.

Pierce's romance with Rian started off on such a funny note. I was sure that I would absolutely fall head over heels in love with these two. I definitely enjoyed their dynamic in the beginning. The constant running each other, the bickering and the chemistry were a lot of fun from a reader's perspective. That feeling didn't last very long though. Their romance started to fizzle out in the second half. I wanted to see them connect on a level deeper than just sex. I didn't feel like we got to see them emotional in any way here. So in the end, I wasn't entirely gaga over this romance.

I Flipping Love You was a fun book, but it definitely had the potential to be stronger, especially in the second half. Give this one a shot if you enjoy rom-coms!

Are you a fan of Helena Hunting? What are some books that started off great for you, but then fizzled out?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)