Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

When Black Romance Authors Slay

Hello, romance-loving friends!

How are you all doing? I'm currently running on very little sleep because SCHOOL. But anyways, enough of that boring stuff. I've read some romance books lately that I can't wait to chat with you all about. In today's post, I'll be talking about two recent romance reads from Black authors, and they were both stellar! Scroll down to find out what the two books are!





by Alexa Martin
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Berkley Publishing
Publication Date: September 11th 2018
Source: ARC received for review
Rating: ★★

So I know Intercepted does not come out until September, but I did beg the publisher for a copy, fought with UPS about it and read it the minute it arrived. I'll share some quick thoughts about the book with you all. This has got to be my most anticipated romance novel of 2018 besides The Kiss Quotient, which was equally fabulous! I thought I knew what I was getting with Intercepted but it was a very different book than I was expecting. It tells the story of Marley who finds out that her long-time NFL player boyfriend has been cheating on her. Marley was a fabulous heroine. She had me in stitches at some of the comments she made. She was sassy, funny and very no-nonsense. Intercepted was very much Marley's story. As much as I love sports romances, I'll be the first to admit that they can come across as repetitive. Intercepted, however, was refreshing because it focuses on what life is like behind the scenes from the perspective of a girlfriend of an NFL player. It wasn't all rainbows and sunshine and Alexa Martin didn't hold back from showing what the reality can be like with all the jealousy, cattiness and senses of entitlement. Of course, Intercepted was also a sports romance, and it has a sweet, relatively drama-free romance. Gavin, who suddenly makes a re-appearance in Marley's life, was the perfect guy for her. He was an adorable sweetheart. Seriously, such a good guy. You guys will like him a lot! If there's one advice I could give you about this book would be to go into it without reading the synopsis because it gives away 90% of the story, which is no fun! But anyways, have this one on your radars! I'm looking forward to reading more from the author in the future.



by B. Love
Genres: Contemporary
Publisher: Self-Published
Publication Date: April 15th 2018
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★

This book came highly recommended from Jazmen at Literally Black. Besides the raving review, what convinced me was this gorgeous cover. Seriously, who pretty is this cover model? Anyways, I don't normally enjoy short stories, but this one was one of the ones I actually wound up enjoying. It's short, but I feel like the author used her page space really well. There were well-developed characters, an intriguing romance, and solid writing. I love the whole concept of Parker and Kane making eye-contact on the train and falling-in-lust with each other. Seriously, their first meeting was so sexually charged, I was sure my Kindle would combust. The development of the romance is definitely fast with the short length of this story, but it didn't feel rushed or unsatisfying. That being said, I would still have loved the book more had it been even longer because I'm a greedy reader, and need more of these characters! Anyways, be sure to grab this one if it interests you!

Have you read any books featured in this post?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)