Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Rusty Nailed: The book I should not have read

by Alice Clayton
Series: Cocktail #2
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Simon Schuster Audio
Publication Date: June 2014
Source: Scribd
Narrator:  Heather Smith
Rating: ★★1/2
In this sequel to Wallbanger, the second book in the Cocktail series, fan favorites Caroline and Simon negotiate the rollercoaster of their new relationship while house-sitting in San Francisco.
Playing house was never so much fun — or so confusing. With her boss on her honeymoon, Caroline’s working crazy long hours to keep the interior design company running — especially since she’s also the lead designer for the renovation of a gorgeous old hotel on Sausalito. So with her hotshot photographer boyfriend gallivanting all over the world for his job, she and Simon are heavy-duty into “absence makes the heart grow fonder” mode. Neither has any complaints about the great reunion sex, though!
Then Simon decides he’s tired of so much travelling, and he’s suddenly home more. A lot more. And wanting Caroline home more, too. Though their friends’ romantic lives provide plenty of welcome distraction, eventually Caroline and Simon have to sort their relationship out. Neither wants “out of sight, out of mind,” but can they create their own happy mid-ground cliché?

You can probably see by my title of this post that this book was not my favorite, right? Yeah... I can't quite explain it, except that I didn't love it at all, and I think it was very unnecessary for the whole story.

This book just frustrated me so much! I wanted to club Caroline on the head for all the bulls**t she was saying and thinking. She spent so much time just complaining about the fact that Simon was around, instead of actually talking to her boyfriend. Bah, so frustrating!


And guys, I love a good sexy time, I love to read about all the SEX the characters are having. But when the only point of a chapter is to tell you how/when/in which position the 2 characters had all the sex? Maybe it's going a tiny bit too far.

I couldn't connect with this book. I usually love Alice Clayton's fun writing, but this one didn't quite work for me. Even the side drama with Caroline and Simon's friends was a bit too much. Clive was hilarious, at least that.

I'm not saying that the book didn't have it's moments. It did, I enjoyed the last bit, but the rest of it just dragged way too much, and hardly developed anything.


So tell me guys, have you read or listened to this book?
What are your thoughts?
Did you like it as much as the first one, or like me, you felt like this book was a bit unnecessary?!







No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)