Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Will I Ever Tire Of Fake-Relationships?: Real Kind of Love by Sara Rider

REAL KIND OF LOVE
by Sara Rider
Series: Books & Brew #1
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Self-Published
Publication Date: June 5th 2018
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★1/2

Everyone and their mother knows by now that I'm a huge sucker for a good fake-dating romance. With its adorable cover and promise of a fake relationship, I couldn't help but be excited for Real Kind of Love. That excitement was amped up when I saw that both Lisa and Becky enjoyed this book. Now that I've read the book, I can safely say that I have a new author whose books I am eager to read. Real Kind of Love was fun, sweet and romantic!

In any contemporary romance, it's important for me to fall for the characters and I had no trouble with that here in Real Kind of Love. It was abundantly clear to me that Sara Rider was going to take her time to develop both her hero and her heroine throughout the book from the very start. I loved that we got to see so many layers to these characters. Clementine is a character that a lot of readers will relate too. I thought her job as an audiobook narrator was super cool, especially the fact that she was making healthy income through something that she was having fun doing. She was a little shy when it came to men, but she also possessed an inner strength and lots of courage. This bookish heroine totally charmed me from the get-go. Jake, her love interest, was a little bit harder for me to relate too, but that does not mean that I didn't like. He was the opposite of Clem in that he was much more extroverted than her, but he was also a workaholic whose job as a bar owner was a bit of an impediment to a relationship. Jake won me over with how kind and genuine he was towards Clementine. There is just something about an attentive and loving hero that gets me.

I'm sure you are dying to know how their fake relationship comes about. Well, we have Clementine's large, loud and hilarious family to thank for that. To get out of a family vacation, Clem lies and tells her family that she's going on a romantic getaway with her new boyfriend only to have them invite themselves to this getaway. Jake comes to her rescue as her fake boyfriend and undeniably, feelings begin to bubble between these two. The romance was super cute. Jake and Clem had a really strong dynamic. There were times when the romance did veer towards cheesy territory for me, but that didn't impede my enjoyment of the book all that much. I thought Clementine's family was a great addition to the book. They were so funny and nosy, but obviously genuinely cared for each other. It was really sweet in a way how they got into each other's business.

Fans of fake-dating romances are going to love Real Kind of Love! I can't wait to read the next book in the series, Make Me Fall, which is a hate-to-love/neighbors romance!

Do you enjoy the fake-dating trope as much as me? Who are some of your favorite fictional families?
Let me know in the comments below!



No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)