Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Review: My Perfect Mistake by Kelly Siskind

My Perfect Mistake (Over the Top #1)MY PERFECT MISTAKE
by Kelly Siskind
Series: Over The Top #1
Genres: Contemporary
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: April 5th 2016
Source: ARC from publisher for review
Rating: ★★★
Amazon - Barnes & Noble
What happens in Aspen is definitely not staying in Aspen. . .

A girls’ trip to Aspen was exactly what Shay needed to forget about her toxic ex-boyfriend. She’s got her girls, pristine slopes for skiing, and hot guys everywhere. Of course, her epic self-rediscovery goes completely to hell when a wild (and deliciously hot) skier knocks Shay on her ass . . . and war is declared.

Kolton doesn’t know what it is about Shay that makes him lose it. Not just his cool—although she does have an unholy gift for that—but his restraint. When anger gives way to explosive chemistry, they’re both shaken with the intensity of it. But somewhere between lust and hate, Kolton and Shay realize they could have something real . . . if they don’t kill each other first.


Wohoo! I've discovered yet another author to add to my favorites list. My Perfect Mistake was a great read, but I knew that even before I had read the book just from the summary. It promised a fun and hot antagonistic romance and it certainly delivered in that aspect!

My Perfect Mistake had an awesome cast of characters, from the main characters to the secondary ones. I thought Kelly Siskind did such a fabulous job with developing their personalities. It was very easy for me to become attached to these characters and I was even more thrilled to discover that we will be seeing them again in the companion novels. Shay is just coming off of a break up from a terrible relationship and is on a trip in Aspen with her best girl friends when she meets Kolton and the two decide to have some fun during the trip even though they can't stand each other. Shay was a cool girl. I liked how much she was willing to change her life after the shit fest that was her old relationship. She was a determined girl and I also love how motivated she was when it came to her career aspirations. Not to forget, she was smart, funny and had a really good handle on sarcasm. Kolton was a guy I instantly liked too. Initially, he was a little gruff and rough around the edges, but as his story as a single dad to the cutest little boy ever came to life, we get to see an entirely different personality to his character. What I especially loved about Kolton besides the devotion and love he showered his son with was his determination for fighting for what was right and for chasing after what he wanted. Trust me, you'll fall hard and fast for Kolton!

The romance between Shay and Kolton was so much fun. They pretty much hated each other at first sight on their trips to Aspen, but there was also a lot of pent-up lust between them and the banter was excellent. The chemistry between them was hot. They reconnect several months after their trip to Aspen and the romance got even more swoony after that. You watch them interact with each other and really get to know one another on an emotional level. Not to mention, there's also some serious wooing done by Kolton that gave me so many butterflies. Shay and Kolton's relationship wasn't always smooth-sailing, but they were willing to admit when they made mistakes and even more important, they were willing to work to make their relationship work. The side characters in My Perfect Mistake were also fantastic. I especially loved watching Shay interact with her super loyal and supportive best friends, Lily and Raven. I'm excited that they are getting their own books next with Kolton's best friends!

If you're in the mood for a contemporary romance novel with a perfect balance between the steam and the emotional aspects, lots of humor and great characters, you need to pick up My Perfect Mistake. You won't regret it!
Teaser Quote




Be sure to check out the other tour stops here.

Do you enjoy antagonistic romances? Which one is your favorite?
Let me know in the comments below!