Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Week in Review #7




Hi guys!

I hope you all had a wonderful week. Mine was rather low-key. It was a rather dusty week at my house because a bunch of our tiles popped up and we had to get those repaired. I'm still finding dust everywhere!

I was able to read 4 romance novels this week. Sadly, two were duds. :( Here's my recap:

Just Kiss Me Body Shot (Last Shot, #1) Dare to Stay (The Sons of Steel Row, #2) Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5)

- I've read two books in the past by Rachel Gibson and both were big hits, so I was excited for Just Kiss Me, but it wound up being so boring and I just couldn't click with the characters. 

- Body Shot had a great premise especially with the main character being a lady scientist, but ehhh it had too much focus on the bedroom scenes and not enough focus on the characters. Plus, I didn't appreciate how stereotypical the scientist was.

- I really liked Dare to Stay though I had some minor issues with Chris. Mostly, I was frustrated by him putting himself down constantly. The romance was great though and the chemistry even better.

- Ahhhh! As soon as I got Do You Want to Start a Scandal, I immediately jumped into the book and I love every minute that I spent with it. It was funny, charming and just so romantic. Tessa Dare is such an amazing author.

FAVORITE READ OF THE WEEK: Do You Want to Start a Scandal

Why Do Dukes Fall in Love? (Dukes Behaving Badly, #4) Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5) A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel #2) Hard to Fall (Take the Fall, #4) 

I think Avon might be my favorite romance publisher. They have such terrific-sounding historical romances coming up in the year. And I got 2 of my most anticipated, Do You Want to Start a Scandal and A Scot in the Dark
- Broken Prince by Erin Watt ★★

How were your weeks?
Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to leave links to your recaps!