Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Review: Irresistible You by Kate Meader

IRRESISTIBLE YOU
by Kate Meader
Series: Chicago Rebels #1
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Pocket Star
Publication Date: August 14th 2017
Source: ARC received for review
Rating: ★★★
Amazon - Barnes & Noble
Harper Chase has just become the most powerful woman in the NHL after the death of her father Clifford Chase, maverick owner of the Chicago Rebels. But the team is a hot mess—underfunded, overweight, and close to tapping out of the league. Hell-bent on turning the luckless franchise around, Harper won’t let anything stand in her way. Not her gender, not her sisters, and especially not a veteran player with an attitude problem, a chip on his shoulder, and a smoldering gaze designed to melt her ice-compacted defenses.

Veteran center Remy “Jinx” DuPre is on the downside of a career that’s seen him win big sponsorships, fans’ hearts, and more than a few notches on his stick. Only one goal has eluded him: the Stanley Cup. Sure, he’s been labeled as the unluckiest guy in the league, but with his recent streak of good play, he knows this is his year. So why the hell is he being shunted off to a failing hockey franchise run by a ball-buster in heels? And is she seriously expecting him to lead her band of misfit losers to a coveted spot in the playoffs?

He’d have a better chance of leading Harper on a merry skate to his bed…
I’ve been steadily rereading Irresistible You ever since I finished it the first time, and yet I still don’t know how to articulately review it in a way that gives the book justice.

Harper intrigued me in In Skates Trouble, and I grew to admire her in Irresistible You. She is a smart, astute businesswoman, and I love how strong and determined she is to succeed in a male-dominated field. She is fearless and passionate in saving a failing legacy her father left her and her estranged half-sisters. Despite their awkwardness with each other, I love Harper and her sisters Isobel and Violet. I’m fully rooting for them to bond and become the power trio in the hockey business.

Remy is hard to dislike. Sure, he’s hella cocky, and when we first met him I, like Harper, wanted to smack him for being so uncooperative, but he won me over with his easy temperament and Cajun charm. Seriously, Remy might be my ultimate favourite Kate Meader hero yet (sorry, Eli, but I will always love you). He’s devoted to his family and aims to settle down and have a family of his own, he’s awesome with kids, he’s funny, he cooks, he even sings... He has the ultimate package (ahem) and ladies, he is the ultimate package himself. Harper doesn’t stand a chance (and neither do I).

I enjoyed the whole hate-to-love vibe between Harper and Remy so much. Oh, the progression from you’re a pain in the ass to you’re my pain in the ass is absolutely delightful. They just suited each other so well. I love how Harper is happier and more relaxed around Remy, and I love seeing her interacting with Remy’s family. I love how Remy’s priority (he’s so single minded about winning the Cup) changes the more he’s involved with her. Their chemistry is off the charts hot, which is unsurprising because Kate Meader writes A+ steamy scenes.

Overall, it’s such a great story and I’m still in love with it. I can’t wait to see Harper’s sisters finding their own HEAs. The sneak peek about Isobel’s second chance romance story with Vadim makes me impatient for their story, and the little hints about Violet and St James also make me long for more. 

Right now, Irresistible You is at a special week release price of $1.99 so don’t miss out on this deal!

Have you read books by Kate Meader? Which is your favourite?
Let me know in the comments below!



No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)