Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Review: Taken by Jennifer Dawson

by Jennifer Dawson
Series: Undone #4
Genres: Erotic Romance
Publisher: Jennifer Dawson
Publication Date: October 24th 2017
Source: ARC received for review
Rating: ★★★
Brandon Townsend III

Rich, beautiful and entitled, once upon a time he was king of the trust fund babies. He took anything and anyone he wanted, until one day, he walked away without explanation. Now, he’s an untouchable mystery, one I’m determined to crack. And I’m not talking about anything mundane like his bed. No, I want something far more valuable.

I want into his head.

Veronica Westwood has blown into my life creating chaos in her wake, and I don’t know quite what to do with her. Rich, beautiful and entitled, she represents everything I’ve sworn off in life, and her being unexpectedly clever doesn’t change that. Instincts warn me to stay away, and that’s just what I intend to do, no matter her attempts to wear me down. I’m good at saying no, or at least I was until I met her. I don’t understand it, but she’s like a weakness, and a man like me can’t have weakness.

I simply won’t allow it.
Brandon Townsend III finally got his HEA! 

Brandon has always been a mystery to me ever since we first met him in Sinful. He’s sexy as hell, sure, but we don’t know much about him outside his kinky ways and business savviness. I’m super grateful to Jen for writing his story and letting us inside his head.  

In Taken, we got to see the always-in-control Brandon losing it and being out of sorts because of one woman and it was super fun! If I had to choose a woman for Brandon, Veronica is definitely it (and that’s just because I already promised myself to Michael so I couldn’t volunteer #TeamMichael). She’s very smart, confident, and is not afraid of hard work. I admire her persistence in pursuing Brandon for the job she wanted, and later in pursuing him for herself.

I love the verbal sparring between Brandon and Veronica; Brandon needs a partner who can challenge him, and Veronica is not afraid to do just that. The chemistry between these two is off the charts hot! A+ sexual tension, and I relate so hard with the gang who had front row seats to Brandon and Veronica circling each other (“Should we clear off the table?”). I also love how they complement each other in their relationship. The only thing I wish we got more of is the BDSM bit. I feel like Brandon’s the kinkiest of the group and it didn’t really show in this? But it didn’t affect my enjoying this book, obviously. 

Overall, I’m still a bit sad that this series is over. I actually missed the part where it said that Taken was the finale and mistakenly thought there was going to be more books, boo. Anyway, Jennifer Dawson kept serving goodness with Crave, Sinful, Unraveled, Debauched, and now Taken. I’m so happy that I found these books; I love these characters so much. 

Ps. CRAVE, book #1 in this series, is free for a limited amount of time on all retailers! [Amazon]

Have you read any books by Jennifer Dawson? Do you have a favourite e-rom book? Let me know in the comments!





No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)