Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Book-blogging in a reading slump: a How-to guide.

Ugh, guys. I’m currently very frustrated because it’s been, like, a week? *checks Goodreads* Yep, it’s been a week since I managed to finish a new book, 
so you all know what that means…

I’m in a reading slump.
*cue Kill Bill sirens*

There, there. One week isn’t so bad, is it, Lisa?

Well, not usually, but I don’t usually have a scary backlog of due ARCs either, so it normally isn’t a big deal. I’ll dig through old favourites and reread them to rejuvenate, and it usually works. This time, I have like 8 ARCs I should have finished and reviewed aeons ago, and it’s driving me nuts that I’m not in the mood to read them. It’s even more horrifying when I realized that today is supposed to my day to post, and I couldn’t think of anything to blog about.

I remember my old writing professor telling me to “write about what you know” whenever I experienced a block in his class, so that’s what I’m doing today.

How to blog when you’re a book blogger stuck in a reading slump? In 10 Steps
  1. Crack your knuckles and open a blank Word document (or whatever it is you write on).
  2. Put on some beast mode music.
  3. Stares at blank Word document. Blinks at blank Word document.
  4. Starts rearranging the pens on your desk.
  5. Googles “book blogging ideas” “blogging prompts” “book tags”
  6. Cries because there are so many articles on ideas and nothing jumps out.
  7. Texts friend for help. Opens Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, Neopets-
  8. Tries to write, blanks out, gets up and washes dishes, repeat.
  9. Realizes it’s almost 11 pm and the whole day is almost gone WTF-
  10. Writes a mediocre, rant-y post in 10 minutes. 


So sorry, I have no tips worth a damn the headline is just clickbait. *collapses on the floor dramatically*

Help a girl out, please!

 How do you handle blogging in a reading slump (or just reading slumps in general)? Share with me in the comments!



No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)