Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

3 Reasons To Read Melt For You by J.T Geissinger

MELT FOR YOU
by J.T Geissinger
Series: Slow Burn #2
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Publication Date: May 15th 2018
Source: ARC received for review
Rating: ★★

I was pleasantly surprised by Burn for You, the first book in this series last year, and have been eagerly waiting to read more from this author. I couldn't wait to start Melt for You and what a delight it was. Here are 3 reasons why you should pick up Melt For You.

1. It has a lovable heroine


Melt for You has a funny, feisty and very relatable heroine. Joellen is a 30+ woman who has been in love with her boss for the longest time. She thinks that she desperately needs to shed some pounds, is awkward as hell and lives with a grumpy cat. There are lots of shades to Joellen's character and I have to say, I enjoyed every facet of her persona. She definitely had some self-esteem issues stemming from being the ugly duckling of her family. Though she tries not to let her issues to get to her, it does take her a while to realize what a lovely person she is. Joellen is also funny as hell, and she'll have you cackling throughout the book. She was just so easy to warm up to.

2. OOF THE HERO! <3 


Oh man! Cameron has to be one of my favorite romance heroes in a long time. He was just so swoony and great and had me melting into a puddle goo. Oh and he's Scottish! What a charming guy he was! OK, I have to admit that I wasn't entirely into him at first. He seemed like a fuckboi, but the guy totally grew on me. I loved how he pushed Joellen to see herself for the fabulous woman she was. The guy is so positive and endearing - it was easy to forgive his manwhorish ways.

3. The slowest of slow-burn romances


I'm such a sucker for a good slow-burn romance, and J.T Geissinger captured everything I love about them in Melt for You. Joellen and Cameron don't start off on the right foot because he's a terrible neighbor. Their relationship slowly evolves into a comfortable friendship, and then into more. The banter between them was A+, and the chemistry was even better. I couldn't wait for them together, and the author makes all that waiting worth the while. Cameron and Joellen had the type of relationship that was built on making each other better and damn if that didn't have my heart aflutter.

So there you have it! Three solid reasons to check out Melt for You. :)

Have you read anything by J.T Geissinger?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)