Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Another Amazing Series: Forbidden Hearts by Alisha Rai

Hey guys!

My last post was a bit different, but there I mentioned that I was going to read book 2 of the Forbidden Hearts series during my vacation, and I did, which means I finally finished the series. YAY!

Alisha Rai was an author recommended to me by Lisa and Nick when I first started blogging with them, so I thought it was only natural to give my take on the 3 books here.



HATE TO WANT YOU
by Alisha Rai
Series: Forbidden Hearts #1
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harper Audio
Publication Date: July 25th 2017
Source: Scribd
Rating: ★★★★
One night. No one will know.
That was the deal. Every year, Livvy Kane and Nicholas Chandler would share one perfect night of illicit pleasure. The forbidden hours let them forget the tragedy that haunted their pasts — and the last names that made them enemies.
Until the night she didn’t show up.
Now Nicholas has an empire to run. He doesn’t have time for distractions and Livvy’s sudden reappearance in town is a major distraction. She’s the one woman he shouldn’t want... so why can’t he forget how right she feels in his bed?
Livvy didn’t come home for Nicholas, but fate seems determined to remind her of his presence — and their past. Although the passion between them might have once run hot and deep, not even love can overcome the scandal that divided their families.
Being together might be against all the rules... but being apart is impossible.
By the time I listened to this book, I had already read the 3rd book in the series, and though I had enjoyed it, my expectations weren't high. I'm glad this book blew my expectations away. This was awesome!

Even though I still have my issues with the third person, somehow it worked very well on this book, and Livvy and Nicholas' voices were so distinct. Well done. Also, it worked amazingly on audio... I love to "read" 3rd person on audio.

I already liked Nicholas and Livvy (from book 3), but on this one I actually got to know them, and what happened in the past to drive them apart, and throughout the years. I loved their love story, and more than that, I loved that it wasn't an easy journey. This book took its time, and didn't make things between them instantly easy, and I really appreciated that.

Also, the diversity in this book is WOW!



WRONG TO NEED YOU
by Alisha Rai
Series: Forbidden Hearts #2
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: November 28th 2017
Source: Kindle
Rating: ★★★★★
He wasn’t supposed to fall in love with his brother’s widow...
Accused of a crime he didn’t commit, Jackson Kane fled his home, his name, and his family. Ten years later, he’s come back to town: older, wiser, richer, tougher — and still helpless to turn away the one woman he could never stop loving, even after she married his brother.
Sadia Ahmed can’t deal with the feelings her mysterious former brother-in-law stirs, but she also can’t turn down his offer of help with the cafe she’s inherited. While he heats up her kitchen, she slowly discovers that the boy she adored has grown into a man she’s simply unable to resist.
An affair is unthinkable, but their desire is undeniable. As secrets and lies are stripped away, Sadia and Jackson must decide if they’re strong enough to face the past... and step into a future together.
Now... this one, is definitly my favorite of this series, and I could have used more o Sadia and Jackson.

I loved loved loved Jackson and Sadia and the romance between them! First, it's a friends to lovers romance. Then, he's her late husband's brother. Also, she has a kid! And he always loved her... *sigh*, which kind of makes it a second chance romance...

Jackson has my heart, he's amazing. I really appreciate that he's such a different hero from what we normally see on romance novels. He's "shy", he doesn't like to be the center of attentions, and he doesn't like to be touched. He doesn't do well in social environments. Still, he does whatever he has to do for the people he loves.

And Sadia is awesome. She's unapologetic about her sexuality. She needs her family approval and feels like she's failing, but she has the most amazing family, and I loved her sisters. I just love her. And the romance is dreamy! 😍



HURTS TO LOVE YOU
by Alisha Rai
Series: Forbidden Hearts #3
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: March 27th 2018
Source: ARC received for review
Rating: ★★★★
Well-behaved women don’t lust after men who love to misbehave.
Heiress Evangeline Chandler knows how to keep a secret... like her life-long crush on the tattooed hottie who just happens to be her big brother’s friend. She’s a Chandler, after all, and Chandlers don’t hook up with the help. Then again, they also don’t disobey their fathers and quit their respectable jobs, so good-girl rules may no longer apply.
Gabriel Hunter hides the pain of his past behind a smile, but he can’t hide his sudden attraction to his friend’s sheltered little sister. Eve is far too sweet to accept anything less than forever and there’s no chance of a future between the son of a housekeeper and the town’s resident princess.
When a wedding party forces Eve and Gabe into tight quarters, keeping their hands off each other will be as hard as keeping their clothes on. The need that draws them together is stronger than the forces that should shove them apart... but their sparks may not survive the explosion when long-buried secrets are finally unearthed.
This was the first book I read of this series, and to be honest, it was my least favorite one. But, it was also my introduction to Alisha Rai's writing style and the series, so I believe that if I had read the books in order, I would have appreciated it a little bit more, because I felt like a lot of info was being thrown at me. But I was able to understand everything, which speaks volumes about the writing.

I requested this book on Edelweiss because Lisa, Nick and Ari were raving about this author, so when I saw the book for request, I jumped on it.

You guys know I’m not the biggest fan of 3rd person, but I enjoyed the style, and the fact that it was told in dual POV. I liked the voices, and I enjoyed the characters as well. Here I felt like I could have used more info, and background, but both Eve and Gabe had enough character development, and I did enjoy their growing relationship, that evolved the same way as their personal growth and romantic relationship.

I really really liked all the dynamics and the connections between the 2 main families, and that, combined with the secrecy vibe that the book had going on, made me really enjoy it, and made me want to pick up the rest of the series, which I did, as you can see above.

So guys, tell me everything. 
Have you read this series? 
Which book is your favorite?

No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)