Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Vacations! What to read or listen to?

Hey people! 

If the title didn't give it away, let me tell you again, I'm on vacation! I decided to do something I hadn't done since I was around 18, and me and a friend booked a trip to Saidia in Morocco, for 7 days of doing nothing, except going to the beach and the pool.


So I thought I could share with you what I'm reading and listening to while I'm here. Sounds good?! 


Dr. ER (St. Luke's Docuseries #2) by Max Monroe
Dr. Erotic.
That’s what they’ve decided to call me, Scott Shepard, the head of St. Luke’s Hospital Emergency Department.
Just thinking about it makes me smile.
As the new face of the reality docuseries, The Doctor Is In, I plan to take his power and recognition right to the streets of New York City and into the pants of willing women.
Well, that was my plan. Until her — feisty, beautiful, and addictively sexy Harlow Paige.
A gossip columnist that just loves writing about yours truly, she’s everything I thought I never wanted and then some.
She drives me crazy.
Problem is, she doesn’t want to be anything when it comes to me — not friends, not lovers, not even adversaries.
God, I love a good challenge.
Get ready, Harlow. Love is contagious.
I'd been listening to this audiobook for a couple days, so I really wanted to finish it on my trip. Lying on the sun is a perfect time to listen to audio books, as long as the urge to sleep doesn't overpower you.

I've actually finished it, and it was yet another amazing book by Max Monroe. They have quickly become one of my favorite authors to read.



Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts #2) by Alisha Rai
He wasn’t supposed to fall in love with his brother’s widow…
Accused of a crime he didn’t commit, Jackson Kane fled his home, his name, and his family. Ten years later, he’s come back to town: older, wiser, richer, tougher — and still helpless to turn away the one woman he could never stop loving, even after she married his brother.
Sadia Ahmed can’t deal with the feelings her mysterious former brother-in-law stirs, but she also can’t turn down his offer of help with the cafe she’s inherited. While he heats up her kitchen, she slowly discovers that the boy she adored has grown into a man she’s simply unable to resist.
An affair is unthinkable, but their desire is undeniable. As secrets and lies are stripped away, Sadia and Jackson must decide if they’re strong enough to face the past...and step into a future together.
I've been wanting to get to this book for awhile now, and now I cannot put it down. I'm almost done with it, and loving it. Jackson and Sadia are the best and they deserve everything good.

I made amazing progress on this book today, because it's cold as hell today, and I was chilling by the pool completely dressed, with my kindle at hand.
 


Part-Time Lover (Part-Time Lover #1) by Lauren Blakely
I’ll say this about Christian — he made one hell of a first impression.
When I first saw the strapping man, he was doing handstands naked on a dock along the canal. His crown jewels were far more entertaining than anything else I’d seen on the boat tour, so I did what any curious woman would do — I took his photo. I might have looked at the shot a few dozen times. Little did I know I’d meet him again, a year later, at a secret garden bar in the heart of the city, where I’d learn that his mind and his mouth were even more captivating. But given the way my heart had been trampled, I wanted only a simple deal — No strings. No expectations.
Our arrangement worked well enough until the day I needed a lot more from him…
***
Let me just say, this whole part-time lover thing was her idea. I’d have gone all-in from the start, but hey, when a gorgeous, brilliant woman invites you into her bed, and only her bed…well, I said yes.
But then, one hysterical phone call from my brother later, begging me to find myself a wife so grandfather’s business stays in the family, and I need a promotion with Elise. Turns out a full-time husband suits her needs too, and a temporary marriage of convenience ought to do the trick, until we can simply untie the knot…
As long as no one finds out…
As long as no one gets hurt…
As long as no one falls in love…
But our ending was one I never saw coming.
I'm so happy that I was given the opportunity to review this audiobook. I love Lauren Blakely and I absolutely love audiobooks, so a match made in heaven.

I've only started this one yesterday and haven't made much progress, but I hope to get an advance on it tomorrow and the day after, and finish it way before I get on the plane back home.



The Varlet and the Voyeur (Rugby #4) by L.H. Cosway & Penny Reid
He kept his salacious secret for years. But soon, everyone is going to be reading about it in their morning paper…
THE VARLET (and the VOYEUR)
William Moore is a long way from home. A farm boy from Oklahoma, he’s now the most well-respected member of the Irish rugby team. But appearances are often deceptive, and Will isn’t the clean-cut, all-American good-guy everyone imagines him to be. He’s got a secret, one that will tarnish his reputation forever.
THE VOYEUR (and the VARLET)
Josey Kavanagh is a self-proclaimed mess, but she’s finally getting her shi…uh, act together. She’s set her sights on becoming a veterinarian, but there’s one teeny tiny road bump. Her living arrangements are coming to an abrupt end, leaving Josey homeless and in need of a job to pay her way through college.
THE PLAN
What he needs is a companion to keep him on the right path.
What she needs is an apartment with free rent.
Will is convinced Josey will make the perfect companion, since she’s brutally honest and basically ‘just one of the guys.’ Josey is convinced she can ensure Will doesn’t succumb to his voyeuristic proclivities by keeping a scrupulous eye on him.
Except, what happens when the varlet is tempted by the voyeur, and vice-versa?!
Perchance something very, very volatile. And vexing.
I've had this ARC for a few weeks now, but given that the release day is just around the corner, I should probably start reading it, right?!

I've really liked this series so far, and I thought the books have been getting better, so I'm excited to see what this one will bring.
 

These are the books I'm definitly reading during my stay here in Saïdia. I might try to squeeze a few others in, but I'm not sure I'll have the time.

So, have you read any of these books?
What are your thoughts?



No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)