Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Lisa's Sunday Update (1).

Hi, guys!

Gosh, it's been a while since I last did a real update. I've been doing nothing worth mentioning since I graduated (sad). I even had a touch of reading slump that really bummed me out. I did go to Singapore the last weekend of July, though. It's only a 50 min flight from home, and I missed Nick who was just there by, like, two weeks or so?

So. Frustrating. 



Anyway, I've seen Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again twice in the movies and I'm proud to say that I'm a Lily James fan now. She was amazing in Mamma Mia! I love her singing voice. Because I'm a new fan, I decided to watch The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society because it was on Netflix and she was in it. I haven't read the book but guys, the movie was AMAZING, and I'm pretty much in love with Michiel Huisman (who is married???? wow all the men I want are unavailable) after that. Because of my love for him, I decided to watch Irreplaceable You, which was not a romance because it was a cancer movie and you knew it didn't have a happy ending from the start, but I still love it a lot because it was surprisingly lighthearted while dealing with death. Gugu Mbatha-Raw was amazing in it, I was utterly charmed by her.



And of course, I saw To All the Boys I've Loved Before and I adored it a lot. I sat down with my sisters and we watched it together. It's not without problems, but overall it's still a pretty decent adaptation and I hope its hype will prompt more book adaptations soon!

Reading-wise, I have been binge-reading the Psy-Changeling books for August and guys, I'm so in love with this world and characters. I was just about dying for Archangel's Prophecy, the upcoming new book in Nalini's Guild Hunter series, and Psy-Changeling works to assuage that need a bit. I'm going to do a big review for all the books once I finish the series. There are a lot of books in this series, I'm thriving!



I also read these ARCs that I will probably do mini reviews for in the near future:





Hope you're having a great Sunday!



No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)