Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Cris' Reading Update


Hey people. I've been kind of missing from this blog, and for that I'm very very sorry. I think I mentioned in a previous post that I'm changing jobs inside my company, and I've been in a gruesome training for 6 weeks now. It's been amazing, but exhausting, and I haven't had much time to prepare any post. Again, sorry!

I thought about doing something different this time, and do a little update of what I've been reading this past month, and what I'll be reading during the month of October - kind of like a September wrap-up and an October TBR. Very original, I know... =P

During the month of September I heard a bunch of audiobooks, because of my commute to my training place (and the fact that for most of the month, I didn't have my car). I read some fantastic ones, and I was finally able to finish the Knitting in the City series by Penny Reid, and I LOVED the books, and they all work amazingly on audio. I also started the Spindle Cove series by Tessa Dare, also on audio, and I'm enjoying that so much too. I also read Professor Feelgood (Masters of Love, #2) by Leisa Rayven, and really liked it, though I need to write the review for the book ASAP.


I also read Once Upon a Real Good Time (Heartbreakers, #1) by Lauren Blakely, though I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. The writing somehow didn't quite feel like Blakely, but I still want to get my hands on the other 2 books of the series, but I might give them a try in audio format, because Lauren Blakely's books usually work wonderfully in audio.

Finally, I gave Let's Get Textual by Teagan Hunter a chance, and I absolutely loved it.

I didn't read as many books in September as I had on the previous month, but I was still happy with the ones I read.

Now, for October, I plan to continue my Tessa Dare saga, as soon as Scribd allows me to listen to her books again. Here's what I'm reading:


The first book I already read this month was Love Sincerely Yours by Meghan Quinn and Sara Ney, and I'm sorry to say that it didn't blow me away... but my review will be out on the 13th. Then I'm about to finish the Spindle Cove series by Tessa Dare, but I need to read the Castles Ever After series, because one book is related to both series.

Then, because Scribd was mean to mean and temporarily took out most of my saved list, I'm listening to Falling from the Sky by Sarina Bowen, let's see if I like this one better than the first book in the series. Afterwards, I'll probably read The Jerk Duet by Max Monroe, which will most likely be hilarious. And finally, I want to read I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter, and see if I like it as much as the first book, which I'm betting I will.
Have you guys read any of these books? Any thoughts?!




No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)