Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Lisa's Sunday Update (2)

Hi guys!

I haven't done a proper reading update in a while, welp. I have been sharing Can't Wait Wednesdays just to post something but I'm going to try and do better from now on. 

It's the weekend and I have a new appreciation for it now, because I just started my full-time job on Wednesday! That's right, your girl is no longer funemployed and is now a working professional. The job isn't my first choice and isn't something I ever imagine myself doing in a million years, but it pays well and should be a good experience. I need to fund my book-buying habits and hopefully save some money for travel, LOL.

Today I'll be sharing some mini reviews of the books I read...a week ago? Two weeks ago? I can't remember the last time I finished a book because I've been in a weird headspace since I was confirmed for the job. I told my sister that I haven't touched my iPad since I started working and she was like, "Are you okay?"

Onwards!

The Governess Game by Tessa Dare [★★★★]

Amazon | B&N | Kobo 

Tessa Dare's latest is one of my anticipated titles this year and it didn't disappoint! Um...............except for the tiny part of me that expected more kinkiness ever since I read the blurb line. "He’s been a bad, bad rake—and it takes a governess to teach him a lesson"??? I mean, c'mon! There was a scene where Alexandra played pirates with her charges and then the kids tied her and Chase up and ran off, and there might be an inner monologue from one of them about tying the other up in bed AND WE DIDN'T EVEN GET THAT? 

Talk about missed potential! 

But otherwise I really enjoyed Chase and Alexandra's book. Chase reminded me a bit of Colin from Tessa's Spindle Cove series. I just love his carefree ways and how he cared for his wards despite him threatening to send them off to boarding school. Alex is also easy to love; I admire her strength and I love that she's not a pushover. She's also smart in figuring out what the kids really need, and I love her bond with them. There's also cameos from Ash and Emma, the new parents. I love daddy!Ash especially. I think I'm going to reread The Duchess Deal one of these days.



Cards of Love: The Moon by Sierra Simone [★★★★]

Amazon | B&N | Kobo 

Oh good lord this book just slayed me. Merlin was the one who pulled the strings behind the events in New Camelot, and in The Moon he finally got his own HEA, and with Nimue of all people??? I didn't expect that at all. The story is sexy and of course full of kink so good that I didn't even mind the domme/sub elements (dommes are not my thing). 

Arthurian legends are not something I'm well-versed about but this book is a modern twist on the story of Merlin/Nimue, so some people might appreciate it. 

Unfortunately you would have to read the New Camelot series first because there are major spoilers for American King (book 3) in this one.





Tinsel in a Tangle by Ainslie Paton [★★★★]

Amazon | B&N | Kobo 

I've read this one last month but it just came out a couple of days ago so I thought I'd feature it here. I love Ainslie, and I love this story so much. 

Tinsel in a Tangle is a novella about two office mates who had crushes on each other but did nothing about it until the night of the office Christmas party. I don’t know why I instantly imagined Claire Foy’s face as Shelby when I read but anyway, Shelby and Adam are so cute together. Adam, especially, is just a quiet guy who does stuff on the low; caring for Shelby from a distance and doing little things like refilling her water jug and staying late when she’s staying late, and I love him so much. I mean, they don’t even interact that much since their tables are at the opposite ends of the office but I still ship them. 

Overall, Tinsel in a Tangle is sweet, TOO SHORT, and yet is also developed and wrapped up real nicely so I can’t complain much (except that it’s too short and I want more). I mean, let’s be real—Ainslie Paton could write grocery lists and I’d read them LOL.

Have you read any of these books?
Share with me in the comments!







No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)