Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Week In Review #4




Hello friends! 

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone is doing okay and that my US readers are going to have a great 4th of July weekend!
I had a decent week in reading, though I did have one DNF which made me quite sad. Check out my review below:

 An Indecent Proposal (The O'Malleys, #3) Cream of the Crop (Hudson Valley, #2) Steadfast (True North, #2)

- I love the O'Malleys series by Katee Robert, so I was thrilled to pick up An Indecent Proposal this past week. And I absolutely loved every minute of it. I loved the main character, Cillian, so much and his romance with Olivia was slow-burn and sexy. I'm sad that I have to wait until May 2017 for the next book in the series.

- *sigh* I think it's time for me to break up with Alice Clayton's books. I thought her book Wallbanger was hilarious, and I was very excited about this series set on a farm. While I liked Nuts okay, I wasn't wowed. I still decided to pick up Cream of the Crop, but it just didn't work for me at all. I appreciated that the main character, Natalie, was a plus-sized heroine, but I felt like parts of her depiction were really over the top and unrealistic. Things like her getting any guy she wanted didn't ring true with me. It didn't help that I was also really bored for the first 40% of the book. And I couldn't sense the connection between Natalie and her love interest at all. So sadly, this was a DNF for me. :(

- You guys know how much I loved Sarina Bowen's Bittersweet. I'm constantly raving about that book, so when Steadfast showed up in my inbox, I rushed to read the book and it was fantastic. It's a much different story than Bittersweet was, darker in tones in some places because of Jude battling with addiction and being a convict, but I liked it a lot. Though I certainly missed the farm setting, I liked seeing the Shipley's again. And Jude and Sophie's second chance romance was very swoony!


FAVORITE READ OF THE WEEK: An Indecent Proposal

A Study in Scarlet Women (Lady Sherlock, #1) Steadfast (True North, #2) Act Like It

A small, but very exciting haul this week. I'm most excited to read A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas. I love Sherry Thomas' writing and I'm so happy she decided to write a female Sherlock Holmes story. Lucy Parker's Act Like It, came highly recommended from my Twitter friend, Racquel. I have a feeling I'll love it!

Special thanks to Berkley Publishing, Nina Bocci and Sarina Bowen for the review copies.


How were your weeks? What was one amazing book you read this week?
Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to leave links to your recaps!