Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Can't-Wait Wednesday (7): Devil's Daughter by Lisa Kleypas

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the yet-to-be released books we're excited to read. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Hi everyone!

It's a new Wednesday and as usual I'm here to share with you another one of my anticipated titles.

Devil's Daughter
by Lisa Kleypas
Series: The Ravenels #5
Genres: Historical Romance
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: February 19th 2019
Pre-order Links: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo

Although beautiful young widow Phoebe, Lady Clare, has never met West Ravenel, she knows one thing for certain: he's a mean, rotten bully. Back in boarding school, he made her late husband's life a misery, and she'll never forgive him for it. But when Phoebe attends a family wedding, she encounters a dashing and impossibly charming stranger who sends a fire-and-ice jolt of attraction through her. And then he introduces himself...as none other than West Ravenel.

West is a man with a tarnished past. No apologies, no excuses. However, from the moment he meets Phoebe, West is consumed by irresistible desire...not to mention the bitter awareness that a woman like her is far out of his reach. What West doesn't bargain on is that Phoebe is no straitlaced aristocratic lady. She's the daughter of a strong-willed wallflower who long ago eloped with Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent—the most devilishly wicked rake in England.

Before long, Phoebe sets out to seduce the man who has awakened her fiery nature and shown her unimaginable pleasure. Will their overwhelming passion be enough to overcome the obstacles of the past?

Only the devil's daughter knows...

***

I can't wait to see her relationship with her father, because I remember that scene in Mine till Midnight where it was said that whenever baby!Phoebe cried she could only be soothed by Sebastian's voice.

I am weak for that scene. WEAK, I TELL YOU.

I'm so happy that Lisa Kleypas decided to write Phoebe's book because she truly deserved an HEA. I love her in Gabriel's book and I was so sad to learn her story of how she met and lost her husband. And with West Ravenel a.k.a my favourite Ravenel who probably has the best character development to date??? I just can't wait to read this one.

What's your favourite Lisa Kleypas?
Share with me in the comments!



No comments

Hi. Thanks for leaving a message. I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as I can. :)