Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Week In Review #3




Hello friends! 

How is everyone doing? Did any of you get money back from Apple settlement? I sure did and I wasn't even expecting anything. Now to decide what books I want ...
Anyways, I had a good reading week. With the exception of one read, everything I read was fantastic, so I'm excited to share my week in review with you all.

Reliquary (Reliquary, #1) Broken Prince (The Royals, #2) Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1) Chasing Lady Amelia (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #2)

- I love Sarah Fine and her books and though I was a bit nervous going into Reliquary because of the love triangle situation, it ended up surprising me in a very good way and the triangle did not bother me one bit. I'm so happy I tried it. The magic system was fantastic and I adored Mattie and Asa's characters so much. Asa, especially, was ... YUM! You can read my full review here.

- Oh my, Broken Prince! Talk about scandalous, dramatic and oh so addicting! Typically, I stay away from books like Paper Princess & Broken Prince, but I can't tell you guys just how obsessed I am with this series. Even I can't explain my love for it! Paper Princess ended on a cliffhanger, so I was eager to jump into Broken Prince when I received a copy and I pretty much devoured it. It was a boat-load of fun and I can't wait for the finale! Elle Kennedy & Jen Frederick (Erin Watt) are geniuses, I tell you! Fair warning, Easton Royal is mine.

- Sweet Little Lies was a very typical Jill Shalvis book only with a beach town setting and I adored every moment of it. Pru and Finn were both such good characters and I loved how well they complemented each other. Not to mention, this has a great cast of secondary characters and I can't wait to read their books. :)

- Ahh! I had such high hopes for Chasing Lady Amelia, because I really liked the first book, but I didn't care for it as much as I expected to. The romance was TOO rushed and there were hardly any swoons for me. :( 

FAVORITE READ OF THE WEEK: I can't choose between Reliquary & Broken Prince!

Test Drive (Body Shop Bad Boys, #1) Brave the Heat (The McGuire Brothers, #1) Some Kind of Perfect (Calloway Sisters, #4.5; Addicted, #3.5) Roadside Assistance (Body Shop Bad Boys, #2) Trouble Walks In (The McGuire Brothers, #2) As Rich as a Rogue (Rakes and Rogues, #3) The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2) An Indecent Proposal (The O'Malleys, #3) Splinter Broken Prince (The Royals, #2)

You guys! This haul! It makes me so happy because there's just so much romance. I got quite a bit of money from the Apple settlement, so I went ahead and bought those first 3 books. I'm very excited to read all these books, but at the top of my "must read ASAP" list are An Indecent Proposal, The Trouble with Mistletoe and Splinter.

Special thanks to Sourcebooks Casablanca, Avon, Forever, 47North, Nina Bocci and Erin Watt for the review copies.


What's the best book you read this week?
Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to leave links to your recaps!