Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Virgin Heroes, Age Gaps & A Whole Lot of Romance Books For Your TBR


Happy Tuesday, loves!

How's everyone doing? I'm swamped with school work, but of course, still procrastinating studying by reading as many romance novels as I can. I read a couple of great romance novels last week, and I can't wait to share my thoughts with you. Later in the post, I also share some books recently added to my TBR. One can never have too many romance novels in one's TBR!



OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOR by Ainslie Paton [★★] 


Well folks, I think it's safe to admit that I love Ainslie Paton's writing. Offensive Behavior was only my second book from her, but I love the way she crafts her romances. I was chatting with the author on Twitter and basically admitted to my full-blown love affair with grumpy, buttoned-up heroes, when she told me all about her grumpy heroes. Ainslie was kind enough to send this broke college student review copies, so THANK YOU, Ainslie! Anyways, this was the first book I picked up from the ones she sent for one simple reason - VIRGIN HERO. And she certainly delivered on that front. Reid isn't the sort of man you'd think would be a virgin. I mean the guy is a drunk who frequents strip clubs after all. And usually the broody kind of hero is known to be quite proficient in bedroom activities, but not this one. He could honestly be a class-A jackass from time to time, but this was a guy with principles. I loved that when he made mistakes, he repented AND groveled. Hello, I'm a sucker for a groveling hero! Zarley was an even greater girl! After a failed Olympic career, she has had to turn to dancing at a gentleman's club to afford school and life. She's sharp, brutally honest, and has a heart of gold. Both these characters are slightly messed up, but together they start to untangle all that messiness. I loved how well-developed the relationship between the two was. It starts of as a sexual education of sorts, but grows into something much more intimate than that. Ainslie Paton writes great romance, and even banter, dialogues and sexy times. Phew! The sexy times are wild, and steamy and fan-yourself hot! I was honestly into the book from start to finish, it's so addictive. I also really enjoyed the glimpses of the secondary characters here. I'm eager to read the next books as soon as I get a chance! If you haven't discovered Ainslie Paton yet, then change that ASAP, because she knows what she's doing with romance!




HEAD COACH by Lia Riley [★★★] 


Guys, I normally adore Lia Riley's book covers, but this has got to be my least favorite. The photo is so unflattering because it's so zoomed into the cover model's face ... So unfortunate! But anyways, even though the cover was not for me, I had to give this a book a try as I'm a big Lia Riley fan. Also, she teased this couple in the previous book, Mr. Hockey, and well, I've needed their book ever since. Head Coach was everything that I wanted it to be and so much more. Tor was wonderfully grumpy, and broody, which are personality traits that Lia Riley knows how to write. There's much more to him than just a grump though. For instance, he's a dad (ugh, my book trope, kryptonite!), totally devoted to his team, and a man with a lot of integrity. I thought Neve was just the perfect girl for him. She's feisty, bubbly, but has her own insecurities about her physical appearance. The author does a really great job at capturing her insecurities and I think a lot of readers will relate to her. Together, Neve and Tor are fiery! It's a hate-to-love romance, so they fight, push each other's buttons, but are also wildly attracted to each other. When they do finally give in to the attraction between them at Tor's ex-wife's wedding, it's hot, hot, hot! I thought they fit so well together as a couple. I like how they brought out the best in each other. Oh and did I mention this is also an age-gap romance? Yup! And the book manages to be surprisingly drama-free, which I appreciated so much. So yeah, if you like hockey, hate-to-love, age-gaps, super cute romances, give Head Coach a try. Now to wait for the next book ... about a virgin!!!!
UP NEXT FOR ME
These are some books I'm planning on reading next. Can't wait!

A Duke in Shining Armor (Difficult Dukes, #1) Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay, #4.5)

RECENTLY ADDED TO THE TBR

He Loves Me...KNOT Crazy Little Thing Called Love Kulti Damaged Goods (Sidelined #2)

Read any books featured in this post? Tell me all about your latest romance reads in the comments below!