Romances Ever After. Powered by Blogger.

Week In Review #1




Hello friends! 

I wanted to start doing mini weekly recaps on this blog, so that I can share more of my weekly review links, but also tell you a bit about the books I've been reading. Sometimes, I don't get the chance to review every book that I snag, and being the book-pusher that I am, I don't really want to miss talking about some books. Anyways, let's get started!


Bittersweet (True North, #1) Idol (VIP, #1) How the Duke Was Won (The Disgraceful Dukes, #1) A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #1)

- Bittersweet was my first solo book by Sarina Bowen and I had so much fun reading it. It was everything that I needed at the time that I was reading and I wound speeding through it. I adored the Vermont farm setting, the sassy and loving main character, the grumpy and sexy farmer, the family portrayal and also the fact that this book was drama free! More books like these please.

- Idol turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. :( I like Kristen Callihan's Game On series, but I was a bit wary to give Idol a try because rockstar romances don't normally work for me. But I still decided to try it, and well, it didn't work too well. I had a hard time connecting with the characters and couldn't really see the connection between them with their romance. :( 

- How the Duke Was Won was whim read for me and what a great historical romance debut it was! I especially loved that this one explored slavery and the deplorable working conditions that young girls had to suffer through. Bonus? The romance was wonderful as well. :) 

- A Promise of Fire was a brilliant fantasy debut, that I devoured. There's a really great hate to love romance going on here and the sexual tension between Cat and Griffin. They fought like cats and dogs but they also want to rip off each others' clothes. This is a trilogy, with the first book out in August and the second in January and I really can't wait :D

FAVORITE READ OF THE WEEK: A Promise of Fire

Idol (VIP, #1) Firelight (Darkest London, #1) Burn Down the Night (Everything I Left Unsaid, #3) Stripped (Travesty, #2) Bedmates (American Royalty, #1)

The most exciting book from this haul is Burn Down the Night by M O'Keefe. I loved the Everything I Left Unsaid duology and I had no idea that the author was writing companions. This author's books are dark, gritty and intense, but also very sexy and romantic. I can't wait to read Burn Down the Night.




What's the best book you read this week?
Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to leave links to your recaps!